Published by Pavilion ELT at Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd, the new look Modern English Teacher is full of practical resources and ideas, the latest research and topical discussions, both online and in print. Published six times a year, Modern English Teacher aims to make keeping up with the changes in the English language and teaching simple.
The Modern English Teacher team has four core values
- Sharing professional experiences in a positive, forward-thinking environment
Modern English Teacher is written for teachers and teacher trainers by teachers and teacher trainers, which means that the practical tips, ideas, and ready-to-go activities we bring you are all tried and tested, and the research has been linked to relevant teaching contexts.
- Reflecting the diversity of the global ELT community
Our readers live in all around the world, so we’re committed to publishing content from an authorship that reflects the breadth of our readers’ experiences and teaching contexts.
- Making teachers’ day-to-day lives simpler
We provide printable classroom resources with every issue of our magazine, and our MyCPD tool simplifies continuing professional development with online tracking and a one-click export function.
- More accessibility
Modern English Teacher is a teachers’ magazine, not an academic journal, so we ask our contributors to avoid jargon and weighty prose. Reader-friendly is our watchword. We love receiving submissions from first-time authors, too. Our magazine issues aim to reflect the evolving ELT world so we are always looking for articles to support all learners’ needs, including SEND, and ways to be more-environmentally friendly in our schools and teaching.
Modern English Teacher brings you informative and interesting articles on a range of areas that are important to you, such as:
- Approaches and methodologies
- Teaching children, teenagers or adults
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes (e.g. Business English, ESP, English for Academic Purposes)
- Teaching language, such as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Teaching skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Teaching with technology
- Teaching with special educational needs and disabilities
- Testing, assessment and exam preparation
- Materials writing
- Professional development, such as careers, teacher development and teacher training
- ... and much more besides.
Kirsten Holt, Head of Pavilion ELT and ELT Business Manager at Pavilion Publishing and Media
“I am proud to be the publisher of the new look Modern English Teacher and to be overseeing its changes as I have known and used the magazines (English Teaching professional and Modern English Teacher) in many guises – as a teacher, teacher trainer, DoS, editor and now publisher over the last 30 odd years – because like many other English language teachers around the world, it feels so much more than just a magazine to me. It is a forum for the exchange of ideas, latest research and experiences, and I believe that this exchange is the key to professional development.”
Modern English Teacher is published by Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd. If you have any questions, please contact us:
Telephone: +44 (0)1273 434 943
Write to us:
Modern English Teacher
Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd
Blue Sky Offices Shoreham
25 Cecil Pashley Way